View Single Post
Old 08-13-2011, 11:43 AM   #3
lovespandp
♥Momma's Bambino♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy1999 View Post
I think the number one thing about learning about a dog breed is knowing how much exercise they need each day. Having a big yard isn't enough; lots of dogs won't run in it unless you interact with them. Some large breeds need 5 miles a day and more, so you have to be willing to see that they get this exercise every day for the next 10 years or so. Lack of exercise is the number one reason for bad behavior, destructive as well as aggressive. I'm the type that would rather introduce a Yorkie to a mature large dog, then vise versa. Large breed puppies are clumsy and can damage a Yorkie without even meaning to. Maybe looking into rescues would be another option, not all rescued dogs have behavioral problems, and the rescues are filled with so many large breed dogs. A good rescue could also help you choose a dog that would fit with your lifestyle.
You are so right! Wow 5 miles a day or more??!! Lol hmmm I'm going to think about it really good! I'm going to dog sit my brothers boxer so at least i will have a little taste of a med size dog!

Don't they say its a better to get a puppy with a smaller dog so the big dog can grow up with the small dog? I understand what u are saying, but its confusing! :0)
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!