Thread: Please help!
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2011, 06:39 PM   #1
keova1
Senior Yorkie Talker

Unhappy Please help!

I know this may not be the proper forum for this question but I was not sure as to where I needed to post it.

My female Lucy went into heat this past Sunday so I took my little boy and had him neutered this past Wednesday to prevent anything from happening. (I planned to get her spayed as soon as she went out of heat but was told it was too dangerous). So tonight, I went out for less than 10 minutes and when I returned they were locked together! I called a friend of mine and learned that he still can produce sperm for up to 2 weeks after being neutered so I am sure she will probably be pregnant again.

The question I need to ask is will it be okay to have her spayed while she is in heat? Or can she be spayed after she goes out of heat before the puppies start to form?

I know that I may seem irresponsible but I never would have thought that he would have gotten to her that fast as she's only been in heat for less than a week.

I don't want to risk having puppies again as her last litter resulted in 5 puppies and she is only 5lbs. Everything went well with the birthing process but she became unable to feed the babies 4 days after.

Please advise me of my best and safest options.

Thank you
keova1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!