View Single Post
Old 08-12-2011, 01:39 PM   #11
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleykattkim View Post
Hi, I'm just wondering if there is a specific age a male should be in order to breed. I am assuming a year old, but hes humping my poor cat 4 times a day.
Please think a whole lot prior to breeding your "pet". Go to www.ytca.org, or contact one of the breeders on www.cytc.ca to find out about breeding, before you jump into something you perhaps don't know a whole lot about

Read the links provided, by another poster. Humping as a puppy, is pretty normal, and your cat will get over it, but if you decide to breed this boy, without all the proper tests, are you prepared to shoulder the financial, emotional, burden of having pups that might be less than well.

Breeding is a serious proposition and as the stud owner, a responsible breeder will a) championship their dog, b) do all the pre breeding tests, such as CERF;s, xrays, thyroid, physical exam for LP, heart, brucellosis. etc. Oh and btw in Ontario the brucelosis test is over $200 alone. You are as responsible as the female's owner for the health of the pups you decide to create.

Please breed for the right reasons, and not because of any humping your male pup may be exhibiting. Instead gently correct that humping, and it will either go away completely or be pretty well non-existent.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!