Thread: Pancreatitis
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2011, 09:22 AM   #29
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatwizme View Post
Very interesting information, thank you everyone. I purchased more rx dog food from the vet yesterday, both dry kibble and wet. I added 7 kibble pieces to her wet rx food last night and this morning. I am now concerned about the fiber issue. She usually has quite a 'regular' elimination system, twice a day everyday. The last 11 days it's been way off, but it's looked pretty normal for the last four days. (sorry to be graphic!) But she hasn't been 'going' in the mornings and her evening duties seem much 'less' than usual. Should I be concerned about this? Is this the low fiber in the food, the low fat in the food? I thot the dry would help her get things 'moving' a little better and maybe make her not so hungry. The wet seems to digest very quickly and she's at her dish giving me sad eyes which has never happened before in her life. Also, the vet indicated that 'stress' is what brought all of this on, in addition to the Swiss Cheese my little grandson was 'sharing' with her on the day before this began. Also, we are planning a road trip in 3 weeks and this stresses her out something horrible and we have no choice but the take her with us. The vet suggested benedryl! has anyone else had experience in drugging their little one while traveling in an RV across several states? Help again! Should I really do that?
Oh dear if the vet suggested stress brought it on and a road trip causes her stress, I don't think I'd go on the road trip with her. What would you do if she had an attack on the road? Is she always anxious in the RV? It just seems like you could lose her. There are ways to train a dog to become less anxious, but I don't even think you'd want to attempt that untill she's much better.

Concerning your other question, low residue means that they can easily digest ever little part, so there is not much work for the digestive system, and I would assume this means smaller poop and less of it.

Join today and remove this ad!