View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 08:55 PM   #12
RachelandSadie
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelandSadie View Post
i am the only full time employee for the entire City that i know of that does not get any form of a meal break. even our full time custodian gets a 30 min lunch break and takes several smoke breaks throughout her shift on paid company time to go outside away from her job to smoke and rest. i do not get any breaks away from my desk that i am not required to be working while resting. they consider the time i am at the desk but not helping a customer a rest break, but according to federal regulations those are still considering WORK time.

no matter what i have their asses i think. if they refuse meal breaks of any kind but give them to everyone else i can claim pregnancy discrimination for not being treated the way everyone else is treated and not being allowed to do what the handbook says i'm allowed to do.

if they fire me, i've got a case yet again to sue them for firing me for being pregnant.

if they harass me for questioning my lack of breaks at work i have harassment charges.

they have to at least consider my requests and do their best to accommodate me because i fall under a disabled person legally. and because everyone else already gets it and i am left out.
i will also talk to my dr. about a dr's note ordering a meal break to eat for health reason. aka hypoglycemia. i have always had it. my mother has it. it's not officially diagnosed but i'm sure i could probably get it officially diagnosed.
RachelandSadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!