Thread: Pancreatitis
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 12:49 PM   #9
LuvTaycieGirl
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatwizme View Post
I think I agree with you guys. I am going to call the vet and see if I can get a few more cans. She has been eating Avoderm dry with a TINY bit of wet food stirred in on occasion. (Little Ceasars, I know it was BAD) I stirred the r/x with tiny bits of the dry Avoderm, just the last two meals (last pm/today am) and she is so much better. Except that she seems HUNGRY. The r/x must digest very easily and quickly and I was told to feed her a little bit at a time and frequently. I am wondering if Avoderm is really okay to keep giving her or if it is too fatty or has too much protien. I think it says 26% protien and 16% fat. Is that too much? These little ones are so VERY sensitive to what is going on around them. We are going on a road trip with her over Labor Day and I am terrified that this will happen again. Seems like even the slightest change in routine upsets her little system and Pancreatitis can be fatal, sometimes very quickly. Me o My. If you are doing any projects around the house, PLEASE watch your loved ones closely! It just didn't seem to take very long and she was extremely sick...

I have never personally delt with Pancreatitis before but 16% fat seems way to high to me for a pancreatic dog. Especially if 16% is in the guareeteed anylasis.. that is usually just listed as min. You need to know the max.

If it was me, I would be keeping her on her RX food for now.. and talk with your vet about other options.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!