Thread: Pancreatitis
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 12:17 PM   #1
chatwizme
Yorkie Yakker

Default Pancreatitis

My little Sophie, (2.5 yrs & 4.5 lbs) just had her first bout with what the vet says is Pancreatitis. I could tell she was in horrible pain and couldn't keep anything in or down. Horrible. She has been stressed out because we had roofers putting on new shingles and then we ripped out a redwood deck and installed pavers. Sophie didn't like the nail gun noise every few minutes every evening for a week and somehow thru the stress she ended up with a bacterial intestinal infection and the vet said probably Pancreatitis. I've read up on this for the last week and I am terrified of having it happen again. It took 9 solid days for her to FINALLY perk up and PLAY with us again. What a sad little baby and I was praying with all my heart she would recover and that I can keep her in my arms for the next 20 years. Anyway, the r/x diet will run out tomorrow...what can I feed her that is safe for dogs prone to pancreatitis? The vet sort of suggested Science Diet, but I've heard bad things...I just don't know what to do now. Help!
chatwizme is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!