View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 02:13 AM   #1
lexi43
YT 1000 Club Member

Default Zach Almost Died Last Night

Last night my friend and I were sitting on our deck with our dogs when all of a sudden Zach our Yorkie and Zoe our Shorkie started screaming. We thought they were only playing but they wouldn't seperate. We then noticed that Zoe had Zach's colllar stuck in her mounth. Zach was losing conscienous fast. He was being choked by Zoe. My friend was screaming and there was blood all over us. I finally was able to cut Zach's collar off. He lay on the table with his eyes rolled back and his tongue was hanging out and blue. I was sure he was dead, he wasn't moving. I picked him up and his head just hung to one side. All of a sudden he coughed a couple of times and he came around a little bit.
We wrapped him up in a towel and rushed him to the emergency vet. By the time we got there he had come back almost 100%.
The vets said his vital signs were good, He just had some scabbing around his neck where his collar was.
They radiographs and he had minimal intersitial infiltrated in right caudal lung field and mild generalized enlargement of heart. They said just to watch him closely and get in touch with our vet in 2 or 3 days.
The vet said it was a good thing I cut his collar off when I did. I felt so guilty because I know small dogs should not wear collars. I don't know why I had them on. I cut up their collars. BTW I never use the collars for walking them. They have safety harnesses for walks. I just keep thinking that had we not been home he would be dead. That was a real wake up call for us.
lexi43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!