View Single Post
Old 08-09-2011, 05:36 PM   #7
Elizabet
Yorkie Talker

Omg New problem after neuter surgery...with EYES:confused:

He's doing really, really well.

It's been exactly two weeks. His incision is almost completely healed. There are some last tiny crusty things towards the bottom of his incision. We were NOT sent home with pain medicine. Big mistake. He had a very difficult time and I was wreck. The pre-op instructions stated they have the pain medicine available for purchase but it's up to each owner. When I picked him up I asked about the pain medicine so I would be prepared in case he was uncomfortable. The receptionist told me no one gets, he'll feel fine blah blah so I hesitated for a moment then two other people commented they've done this several times and have never need it/used it. Reluctantly, I agreed and didn't get it and I'm so mad at myself because I wanted to get it but didn't because a few pushy strangers didn't think I needed it. Normally I would never let this sort of thing happen but I was completely nervous, I'd never done it before and they were all reassuring me...

Anyway...lesson learned. BUT there is a problem. Ever since his surgery he has had been tearing! Sometimes it looks like he's crying. It leaves long streaks and looks reddish against his light tan cheeks. Before his surgery he would get crusty or sometimes (please excuse me...) like a little eye booger but just in the inner corners. Nothing like this. Maybe he has a little infection or something from the clinic??
Elizabet is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!