View Single Post
Old 01-06-2006, 06:56 AM   #15
centralnewyorki
YT 1000 Club Member

Nobella, I completely forgot all of this happened to you. I'm so sorry to hear that you're still dealing with it. I had anger-management problems a few years back. I think my mom and sister didn't even like dealing with me some of the time. I don't know if it was depression or stress or what, but it was an awful feeling not being able to control my emotions and taking it out on the people I love.

I would also suggest therapy if she'll go. Could you get her a few month membership to a gym? I think it would be a great way to get away for a bit and to also alleviate some built-up stress. I've read tons of studies that also show physical activity can help with depression. Having not only lost her former life, reputation in the community, and realized her husband was someone else, she also has to deal with how his actions have affected you and your parents. I think she probably needs an escape from this awful time in her life. I think it might also help to tell her (in a non-confrontational way) that you love her and support her, and understand that she is going through a lot, but that you're on her side and she can't keep taking out her anger on you and your parents.

I hope things start looking up for your family. My prayers are with you.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!