View Single Post
Old 08-09-2011, 10:11 AM   #1
mom2twinz
Yorkie Yakker

Embarassed Venting my frustration (potty woes)

I know I am not alone in this, but I just needed to vent...

Teddy is 6 months old. When we got him in the Spring it was really rainy and wet. If it was cold or rainy Teddy would not eliminate outside no matter how long I waited or how often I tried. He always waited until he was inside and would go, so I figured I would pad train him with the thought of having him pee and poo where I wanted him to if he was going to go in the house. Took a while, but not long, before he was going pretty consistently in the box on the pads.

Teddy has two places on the main floor to go...one in the family room and the other in the dining room (no laundry room which is a bummer). Upstairs he has a pad and box in the master bath. Teddy sleeps with hubby and I. During the night he will climb down and go in the bathroom if he needs to. Thankfully he is really good with that. He has been consistently using his pads for the past few months.

This week, however, Teddy has pooed once in front of hubby's closet door in the bedroom during the day, and twice he's gone in the living room and once in the family room, this time about 5 inches away from his box. I cannot tell you how frustrated I am. Hubs wants to replace our 15 year old carpet, but I can't justify it out of fear of Teddy destroying it. I know yorkies are notoriously hard to train, but I am just tired of always being on guard for accidents. I love Teddy to death and so does my hubby and my boys. Is it always going to be this way with him?

I am not new to dogs, just to Yorkies. I have raised dogs for handicapped people (poodles, labs, goldens), had my own pets (border collie, ckcs, dalmatian, mutts), and have had them trained in less than two weeks. Please tell me there is hope!

Thank you for letting me vent!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!