View Single Post
Old 08-09-2011, 09:16 AM   #8
Maximo
♥ Maximo and Teddy
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie May View Post
What a shock. lol
Isn't this like 7 or 8 times for their products in recent years?

I think if they can't produce products without salmonella, then they should not produce them at all. This is more than just a couple slip ups.

I really hope people start to avoid this company. I also hope owners realize that contrary to popular internet myths, salmonella does affect dogs, very seriously at times. It's usually the immunocompromised (but how do you know if your dog is immunocompromised or not..), but there is risk to all. Bacterial infections are extremely serious. I don't understand why they keep selling these types of treats if they have to keep recalling them. And even with kibble and canned, their QC has been less than stellar. Very sad.
I am officially done with Merrick. In the past year, the quality of the Wishbones and the Texas Toothpicks we used has gone down hill steadily. I have always known about the other risks associated with these things, but this is the last straw.

The last Wishbones we had a few months ago, I tossed into the trash within minutes because they didn't seem right. I have not given a Toothpick to the boys in over 3 weeks and the ones I have left are going in the trash today.

Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!