View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 02:01 PM   #9
magicgenie
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Default A breeder's perspective--

I'm a breeder. Puppies are not nursing at 9 weeks, but that's still early for a Yorkie to leave home. I wouldn't write the breeder off a terrible for letting puppies go home at 9 weeks as there could be other information or circumstances that we haven't been told that would make this make more sense for her. Perhaps the breeder got the impression from the way you were speaking to her that you were just looking around and not a serious buyer. I pre-screen people to weed out the lookie-loos who will only come here for entertainment and puppy petting. Some are making the rounds trying to "buy the breeder" as so many like to suggest on this board. If I can't stand on my reputation by this time I never will. The days of sitting there for hours explaining the difference between a hobby and back yard breeder and the quality differences of the puppies from each, and of walking people through every inch of my house because they need a "tour of the facility" are over. I discovered that the more time someone takes up, the less serious they are. Someone who calls and asks for references gets my attention as a serious buyer.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!