View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 09:37 AM   #1
ItsTheOMalleys
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Question =) Need a little help?! (=

Hi everyone! My name is Kymm and I am new here! So glad to find this site. . . I think I was up half the night reading the great information! (*Well as much as I could!) I have a seven year old male Yorkie fur baby named Bonzai. I rescued Bonzai (Boni for short) from his original owners 4 years ago when they were going to drop him off at <gasp> the POUND. He was "marking" in their home and the "Dad" had enough of it. (* I should mention that since coming home with me he has rarely if ever "marked" in our home and I think he was just expressing his dissatisfaction with them and a lack of attention!)
Anyway - Boni has some health issues - luxating patella, bad teeth and a growth on his left front leg that was described to me by the vet as an overgrown "birthmark" (sorry can't recall the actual name.) He also has an extremely sensitive stomach. EXTREMELY! He vomits/diarrhea very easily if his diet is changed. I have bought every brand of dog food on the market - organic, expensive, cheap - all of it!! He refuses everything except Purina Moist 'n' Meaty soft food (Looks like ground hamburger/turkey meat.) I am sure this is not the healthiest option for him and I decided to prepare his food for him. I tried several different recipes for him and while he seemed to love them within two days he had diarrhea and on the 2nd day of one he was vomiting rice (whole grains). Then he refuses to eat anymore and we go back to the standby Moist 'n' Meaty. I feel like this is equated to only feeding my daughter Mac 'n' Cheese when I know she has other nutritional needs. We give him glucosamine for his joint health/prevent pain. He doesn't enjoy chewies or treats because of his teeth issues and I just feel like there is something more that I could be doing for him or offering him! Any similar experiences? Any suggestions? Thanks so much for listening to me vent! =) It's hard being a Mommie when you don't know what to do! =)
ItsTheOMalleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!