View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 08:10 AM   #25
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkietalkjilly View Post
Shocking. This owner may think this is cute but if she should ever have/need to rehome this dog, many, many people would not take it. Should she wind up in an Animal Shelter, they could very well list her as "unadoptable" and kill her, due to the biting. I tried and plead like for hours with my animal shelter to let me have a tiny terrier "biter" at my AC and they said "No, way", they were euthanizing her. Could not take the chance. I tried to get them to let me sign any kind of waiver - anything to save her life. No, she was considered as beyond help in their minds and said they would not risk the "public health", no matter how willing this "public" was to take her and help her.

Letting a dog bite is always bad for the dog and you can tell how bad the poor dog feels. You can see that in its little face and defensive body attitude. Dog's do NOT want to bite humans and only do it for all the wrong reasons and they do not like it. The dog looks so uncertain and uneasy after each bite! Horrible!!!
Oh wow, I didn't know that the Animal Shelter would be this strict, this is so sad. I know some of Cesar’s dogs are last resort before euthanasia, but I thought if it's a little dog, they’d be more lenient, it's not like they could kill a person. Thanks for this information.

Join today and remove this ad!