View Single Post
Old 01-06-2006, 01:39 AM   #1
sandie
Yorkie Yakker

Help Someone..My female just had a new litter and acting strange in the night...

NEW MOMMY..SLEEPING LITTLE..NEED SOME HELP ON SUPPLEMENTAL FOOD FOR NEW MOMMY???

Ok...Last time my girl had pups she had a calcium drop..I know it's very dangerous...Well...The problem this time is her eating habits for her health after just giving birth.

I asked my vet about food for her and she said give her all the food she wants..Well..I find that is fine..."If she will eat it" and "Is it really good for her"???

**What I need help on is two things:
1. She is up most of the night wandering around and sometimes runny around..racing out of her room, barking and in general "crazy stuff"...Has any other breeder found this with their female???

2. She never has been a good eater...very selective on what she will eat...Now again after giving birth she still doesn't eat right! Can anyone with experience tell me of a very good supplemental food?? She really needs to keep her strength up.

A special note: When she had that calcium drop it was because the new babies were just draining her of her milk and eating every time they had a chance. She is a good mommy but very obsessed with staying with her babies...It is even hard to put her outside...She howls and screams and scratches at the door...It sounds like we are killing her so we just have to let her in.

Right now it is 3:33 a.m. in the morning and she was acting real goofy...barking, running out of her room and then back in and so on and so forth. Every since we had that first scare (the calcium drop) after her first litter I get so scared that something will happen to her in the night and I will be sleeping...I love her so and don't want anything to happen to her.

I gave her a calcium shot just now to see if it might calm her and do plan to take her to the vet in the a.m. as soon as she opens...If anyone is interested.

I need to get some sleep and not be getting up in the night all the time...So...If someone could help me here I sure would appreciate it.

Thanks..I always seem to get answers from you guys..

Sandie
sandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!