View Single Post
Old 01-05-2006, 08:34 PM   #1
Kari
YT Addict

Default Yorkies and small children

I have seen several breeders and people here who post that say yorkies are not good around small children. WHY? This really bothers me......I understand accidents happen and yorkies are small and fragile. Children trip and fall, well so do adults. I know not as often as children but it does happen. So that leaves me wondering the difference between cats and yorkies, they are just as small if not smaller and fragile but yet they go to homes with small children. I guess that has me a bit confused. Then we get to the point where people say children don't understand to respect animals. This goes back to how they are being taught. If they are being taught to love and be gentle then more than likely that's how they act but if they see parent ruff housing the animals then they will.
Yes I am a Momma of 4 amazing children that are all kind and loving children(every moms thinks so) I can't speak for all children but i know mine and i have seen them interact with all breeds of animals and they are tremendous and thought full of animals amazes me at their ages.

I know i may catch some grief for this but this is just my thoughts. Sorry if it upsets anyone.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!