View Single Post
Old 08-04-2011, 07:46 PM   #1
MaxYorkieBear
No Longer a Member

Default Any opinions on dog parks?

Joejoe and I walked by the little dog park in our neighborhood today (I was holding him since we wanted to look) and it has me wondering if he will ever be able to play there. He's about 12 1/2 weeks and only a pound and 2 ounces and has one more shot to go in about 2 weeks.

So we were thinking that since he was so small he wouldn't be able to go to the dog park to socialize even after he has his shots. We want to socialize him as best we can but even just playing with his own brother from the same litter he gets trampled. (he was adopted by my cousin but is over 3 pounds already). My poor little boy isn't the least bit aggressive or scared of any size dog he's met but it does make me a little nervous since just one instance with the wrong paw down I think he could break. He has met my other friends dogs that try their best to play nicely with him as we watch but even they manage to push him over. One of them tried to play tug of war and dragged him to the other room easy. He's walked up to Dobermans and golden retrievers to kiss their noses so we know he's not afraid of other dogs or humans.

Do you think he will ever make it to the dog park? Also what are your experiences with them? I have heard and read mixed reviews on how it can help or destroy a puppy's socialization. Or maybe other suggestions on how to socialize him?
MaxYorkieBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!