View Single Post
Old 08-04-2011, 02:04 PM   #1
aandjandg
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Question New pup not eating much looking for advice

we got a yorkie puppy (3 months old) last friday so we have had her almost a week. They gave a good amount of purina puppy chow and said that she only eats about 1/4-1/2 cup a day at most (basically grabbing as much as you can in one hand). Well since she is here she dont even eat that much. My mom who also has a yorkie suggested it may still be too hard for her to add some warm water and make it softer. that dont work. I read online you can add a little piece of bouion cube to the warm water before adding it to the food to add a better smell and taste. That dont work either. Tonight we had plain white rice with dinner and I gabe her a small scoop of it and it was the most i have seen her eat so I know she is hungry...

NOW this is the situation with her. The breader had sold her to an older lady who fell and broke her hip a few weeks after getting her and the breader bought back the dog and then I bought the dog from the breader. So in her short life she has had a lot of changes but she is doing GREAT. So I dont know if the older lady was feeding her other foods that she is used to that or if this food is just to tough or she dont like it etc....

My mom uses Eukaneva (not sure that its spelled right). She said her vet told her its one of the best store bought foods. My question is should I try another food? Should I give her wet food? What kinds of food do you give your Yorkie? Does anyone here MAKE their own dog food if so how and what do you put in it and how do you keep it fresh etc. (I make almost all of our food from scratch and even do canning and preserving so I am all up for making her food I just dont even know HOW to begin) Our friend makes his own do food but its for Big dogs.... Any thoughts or advice would be great!!!!
aandjandg is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!