Thread: Yeast Infection
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2011, 04:06 AM   #1
wattocs
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Yeast Infection

My yorkie's name is Yuuki, she's 3 years old and she's having skin problems.

She scratches the skin below her nose a lot, and she also scratches her ears occasionally.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...06_size640.jpg

As you can see in the picture, the skin is flaky and has very thin hair due to scratching.

I've been to the vet several times already, and they've always done skin scraping to see what the problem was and it always revealed yeast infection. So they prescribed anti-biotics, oral ketoconazole and some ear drops for her ears.

So for two weeks, I gave her the medications the vet prescribed and it worked!

She stopped scratching and it was a really great feeling knowing she's not miserable anymore. The part of the skin regained its color and hair started growing back again. BUT after 2 weeks of she gradually starts scratching again, so I give her the meds again, she becomes better, then starts scratching again.

I know that giving her meds all the time is bad for her, so I stopped giving it to her. So there lies the problem of her yeast infection.

What I would like to know is, is it ok to keep giving her ketoconazole and anti-biotics whenever her yeast infection acts up again? I'm guessing its not ok. If so, what other natural ways can I do solve this problem.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg fr_406_size640.jpeg (119.8 KB, 6 views)
wattocs is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!