View Single Post
Old 08-01-2011, 01:18 PM   #11
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

Default Kelso Obedience

Well the pups had a grand time but obedient they were not.

Magic: Drop on recall on lead close in we have a winner today. Yeah! Heel off lead was sloppy, sloppy, sloppy. He kept on trying to herd me to the water! Front recall was executed twice perfectly; then he took off to the water, and stood in it looking at me BAck out we go. LOng sit was good for five minutes, long down practised after long sit, yup you guessed it he broke it after 3 minutes to .....>>>>>>> back to the water.

Then when I called him to return he wouldn't!!!. First time ever. He went up to some folks who were throwing the ball for their labs, and literally begged them to throw a toy in the water for him. The brat!. What's more the folks obliged and then complimented me on what a lovely dog he is...urghaaa... My boy is a fast learner, and despite playing in the water with him for one hour, he was in a down stay; and I went to the water with Razzle, and next I knew he was up and asking another person to throw a toy for him. He got obliged, again. All told over the day he had 6 different people throwing toys in the water for him. Sigh......

Razzle is loving swimming, and retreives the toy from the water. However he insists on running past me and around a bit before he brings the toy mostly back to me and then drops it!.
Focus on me was no problem today. But barking was!. Sit stay was a total write off
But both the boys got lots of admiration. They just have some much joie de vivre, everyone smiles to see them play and swim in the water.

Zoey my greatest challenge is still not swimming. She is still aggressively going up to strange dogs. I'm not even sure it is aggression per say; she is blindingly fast, and runs up so quickly to a strange dog with her head down, that they back away really fast and maybe yelp from surprise. I do know she hasn't nipped them, because I have her on lead all the time, and I am pretty fast too with leash correction.

She did okay with basic obedience commands, but is at a total loss for retreive when ppl and dogs are around. She has no focus then or interest in retreiving. Sighh....
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!