View Single Post
Old 08-01-2011, 12:58 PM   #10
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkiemini View Post
Cali and I have just recently really gotten into obedience training and our instructor says she is doing really well and maybe ready for the September trial....BUT she absolutely will not sit straight! She kicks her butt out away from me so she can look up and see me. It is good that she watches me, but if I can't find a fix for this we are doomed.

Love following your progress. You guys are my inspiration.
Sorry I just saw this; still without a puter, maybe next wk my puter will be in!.

Is Cali a Yorkie? Actually don't think it matters so much what kind of breed you have.

Here is how my trainer taught me about this problem; Magic did have that problem.

Use a curb on of course your left. Reward for straight sits, ignore crooked sits, discipline no sits.
The curb gives the idea if they kick their butt out they meet the curb. Alternatively you can use little garden fencing etc.

For small dogs like Yorkies the looking up and the body adjustment to make it easy to do so is a problem. Try the above. Razz still doesn't have a good heel.

Even still the crooked sits are I think .5 mark deduction for each crooked sit. How is she on her front's? ie come command and to sit in front of you?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!