View Single Post
Old 08-01-2011, 04:17 AM   #1
HenrysMom
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Doesn't like the wet, morning dew for potty time...

Henry is 14 weeks now. He is not potty trained but is good at going potty outside. He is starting to get the hang of going to the back door when he wants to go out (although he doesn't really ring the bell on the door but that's another topic). The one problem seems to be in the morning when the grass is wet from the dew- Henry doesn't seem to want to go! For example, I took him out this morning and set him in a part of the yard with some dry dirt rather than placing him on the wet grass. After about 10 seconds he went #1. Great! Although I am his mommy and know that he always has to go #2 in the morning but after the #1, he ran to the door to go inside. I grabbed him and put him back in the grass but he ran to the door. Again, I picked him up and put him BACK in the grass and AGAIN he ran back to he door. Against my better judgement,I thought maybe, just maybe he needs a few extra minutes before he is ready for his #2. I brought him in the house and within 3 minutes, he was going on the floor. I caught him squatting and picked him up, not before a few friends fell on the floor. I took him outside but nothing, he just ran back to the door. I need some help or advice on how to get him more comfortable with the wet ground because this has GOT to stop. He has been so good with learning to go outside. Suggestions?!
HenrysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!