Thread: Dew Claws
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2011, 06:14 PM   #11
BabyGirl Rosie
I ♥ my girls!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyBritt View Post
Oh yeah how is Mikki recovering? I might ask and see how much it'll cost to have them removed but I'm not sure mom will go for it. I think it would definitely help our situation to have them removed but I feel bad even for thinking of it because I know it's probably painful since they basically remove the bone that the nail is attached to... It's basically an amputation! We may buy one of those dremel-like nail file tools to do Bentley's nails. I don't think he'd go for it though lol.

She is doing fine. You would not know that she had her spay and her dew claws removed. She is a little spit fire! Lol. Since she was having her spay it only cost me $90. It would have been more if I hadn't done it all together. I am going to be honest with you about the dew claws. My vet recommended it because Mikki's previous owner had let her dew claws get really bad. So, I did it at his recommendation. I don't think the spay bothered her at all because she was too concerned with the dew claws. I think it hurt her more than the spay. However, she did have meds and ended up doing just fine. Today she acts like it never happened!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!