View Single Post
Old 07-31-2011, 01:47 PM   #5
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cha Cha View Post
My daughter was just showing me these two youtube videos the day before I hear that about Julia Roberts. I also wonder why just her or is this just going to be the beginning. The professional photoshopper in the first video says no picture is ever released without the model's approval, but the models say the advertisers are the ones who have the final say over what picture is used. I think Julia Roberts is a naturally beautiful person.

‪The Photoshop Effect‬‏ - YouTube

‪Dove Photoshop Effect‬‏ - YouTube
Very interesting videos, it's amazing what they can do. I don’t think retouching should be banned, and I don't really care how the average celebrity markets himself, but when they are marketing a product that supposed to do miraculous things, I don’t think the photos should be overly digitally improved. I think that's why the ad is being pulled, lawmakers believed the ads were "not representative of the results the products could achieve." I think the fact that L'Oreal would not show them the originals, and admitted they "digitally retouched to lighten the skin, clean up makeup, reduce dark shadows and shading around the eyes, smooth the lips and darken the eyebrows," means they were trying to mislead consumers. We all know that great lighting can make a huge difference, and that's considered acceptable, but if you selling a product that supposedly will make you look better, should the photos be retouched that much?

Join today and remove this ad!