View Single Post
Old 07-30-2011, 02:25 PM   #5
DJDB
YT Addict

I haven't read all his books, but I'm currently reading "Cesar's Rules, Your Way to Train a Well-Behaved Dog". So far it's been really helpful. I'm trying to read and implement all I can while Ozzy is still young. I've already read "How to Raise the Perfect Dog... Through Puppyhood and Beyond". So far everything is working well. His potty training, walking, play, and interactions with other dogs and people have all been really good. Yesterday my neighbour told me she was completely jealous of us because she's never seen such a well-behaved little dog. I took that as a great compliment (my thanks to Cesar).

I know Cesar has videos also, and I've watched a lot of his shows. I don't know if you have Tivo or some other thing you can record with, but I suggest you tape all his shows. The best thing about them is that he comes in when there is a behaviour that's already out of control, and teaches the people how their actions/reactions/attitudes have helped to develop these behaviours and how they can stop them. Keep in mind that just because on the TV show everything seems solved in 30 minutes, this will not really be the case, but using his methods will help you if you put in the time and effort.

ETA: just looked on eBay and there are tons of Cesar DVDs. Special ones like "Agression" and his series seasons.

Last edited by DJDB; 07-30-2011 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Added info.
DJDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!