Thread: Lepto Vaccine
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2011, 06:54 AM   #15
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkieRose View Post
I read on the internet that many, if not most vet schools have now changed the vaccine protocal...so I think we will see younger vets with different ideas...
I have had 3 pet owners that had my old Yorkies...in the 11 to 13 yr range die within 3 days of a booster.
I have not given a Yorkie any vaccine except rabies in 25 yrs...of course, they had puppy shots and a one year booster...nothing after that...and no rabies after 7..the 7 yr rabies shot is a 3 yr vaccine...and no way I am giving a 10 yr old anything.
I may have to eat my words tomorrow, but with my 4 girls..in the 11mo to 6 yr range...none have seen the vet for anything except spaying, dental and rabies, heartworm...no sick visits in 6 yrs.
My vets office follows the every 3yr protocol. When Jackson got his 1 year booster of rabies and DHPP, they told me both were good for 3yrs. However I am not sure if I will be getting the DHPP again or not. I haven't decided. Rabies is a must simply because of the law. I am thinking I MAY get one more round of DHPP when he turns 4, which would have been the 3yr mark since last getting them, and then be done with them for the rest of his life. But have not made a decision yet.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!