Thread: Lepto Vaccine
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2011, 06:42 AM   #11
RileyDC
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britster View Post
I will never personally give lepto again only because Jackson had a terrible reaction to it at 12 weeks. From my understanding, a second time would be a worse reaction, I think. So it's not something I'm willing to do. He also had lymes disease and was caught early and treated with 30 days of antibiotics and is now kept on preventatives year-round so I also don't do the lyme vaccine. I, too, am really for as less vaccines as possible. But I do think lepto in this area is more frequent so I also am really indifferent about it.... did he get lepto as a pup?
I thought he had received DHLPP as a pup, but looking through his records, it was just DHPP....and I remember my vet saying they should not get Lepto until at least 6-months old....?!?!
She did want to give him the canin influenza, which I said No to. She said if I changed my mind...I could just drop him by, at anytime.

She also gave him the Rabies Shot and his last DHPP shot the same day. I am now hearing that shots should be broken up, at least 3 - 4 weeks apart.

I made an appointment with a new vet down where my parents are for end of August and am looking forward to it. He came highly recommended.
RileyDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!