Thread: Lepto Vaccine
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2011, 06:40 AM   #10
YorkieRose
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 107barney View Post
Well there you go - none give lepto - and therefore of the vax they give, they don't do annual boosters. That makes sense. But to be clear, if one gives the lepto vaccine, it requires boosters or is useless.

I like your new vet - mine is the same way, she is not into pumping up my dog for the sake of the bill and plus we spend enough anyway LOL Unfortunately, I've had other vets who did not have this attitude, always looking for the cash cow.... Disgusting.
I read on the internet that many, if not most vet schools have now changed the vaccine protocal...so I think we will see younger vets with different ideas...
I have had 3 pet owners that had my old Yorkies...in the 11 to 13 yr range die within 3 days of a booster.
I have not given a Yorkie any vaccine except rabies in 25 yrs...of course, they had puppy shots and a one year booster...nothing after that...and no rabies after 7..the 7 yr rabies shot is a 3 yr vaccine...and no way I am giving a 10 yr old anything.
I may have to eat my words tomorrow, but with my 4 girls..in the 11mo to 6 yr range...none have seen the vet for anything except spaying, dental and rabies, heartworm...no sick visits in 6 yrs.
YorkieRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!