Thread: Lepto Vaccine
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2011, 03:31 AM   #1
RileyDC
BANNED!

Default Lepto Vaccine

Riley is due for his yearly exam and vaccines end of August. He turned 1-year old in May. So far he will be getting his rabies, dhpp and bordetella. I do bordetella because I take him to a lot of different Meet-Ups, monthly.

I remember when I got Riley, I ran into a girl that lives 2 buildings down. We were walking our pups together and she mentioned that her Pup got Lepto and how it was Really Nasty! She almost lost him....

Everything i had heard about the lepto vaccine was about how terrible it was and that it could give a really really bad reaction.

I also know there are a TON of Rats in my neighborhood and in the park.... one can running right at Riley and myself. Thankfully there was a plastic barrier in front of me and I was holding Riley.
We also have "2" Opposum right around the corner from me. The neighbors are putting moth balls in their yards because that will apparently keep the opposums out of it.

I have also been reading that a lot of vets in this area give the vaccine to their dogs......

I am thinking now that maybe I should do the Lepto.... I won't do the Lyme since I give him his Frontline Plus monthly.

Does anybody have anything they can share.... good or bad?!
RileyDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!