View Single Post
Old 07-27-2011, 06:08 PM   #5
Yorkiedaze
My hairy-legged girls
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie2010 View Post
Hi Everyone,

My Sophie had surgery for her luxating patella on her right hind leg back in May (she was 7 months old). She seemed to do great after the surgery and no longer "skipped" when she walked.

However, over the past three days I've noticed she started "skipping" again when we walk and today I felt her knee and I feel like I can move a little piece. I have a call into the vet to see if we need to come in to get her checked.

We didn't go for a walk for about two weeks because it was so hot here, heat index around 115, so I'm not sure if she's just not used to walking again (after surgery she still skipped for about a week or so once we could go walking) or her muscle got weak and that's what's causing it.

At her post-op check-up (3 weeks after surgery) her doctor said she was healing well and everything checked out okay, structurally.

So, my question is has anyone had to get the surgery again on the same leg. And would it happen so quickly?

I really hope we don't have to go through the surgery again and am sick thinking about it.

Any info on your experiences would be greatly appreciated!!
My Zada had both knees done at the same time and months later she started limping on her right leg. The Vet. who did the surgery had retired and move to Utah, so I took her here Kenneth Bruecker | Veterinary Medical And Surgical Group (VMSG) After her surgery the Dr. told me that the bone the knee cap sits on was not deepened. I was so upset because the Vet. said that would be one of the things he would be doing. Anyway maybe this was the case with your baby. Major difference between a regular Vet. and a orthopedic Dr.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dr. Kenneth Bruecker 7-18-09.jpg (59.7 KB, 12 views)
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!