View Single Post
Old 01-05-2006, 10:09 AM   #14
shelbysmom
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy_0215
Does she seem to be jealous when you are holding her? My little 4 lb male is so jealous. I have tried a few things but as he gets older seems to get worse. He is especially jealous of my 8 year old. If my son comes up to me when the dog is sitting in my lap he will bark and growl like a warning. But if he is not on my lap he will sit with my son and also play with him. My son also feeds him and takes him out to potty and gives him treats. I just don't understand Cowboy acting like this. I hoped he would get better after I had him fixed. But, I think he has gotten worse. I just watch him really close and if my son has friends over we tell them not to try and pick him up. My son has always been supervised while playing with Cowboy and told from day 1 that no teasing or being mean to Cowboy would be tolerated. So, he is very sad that Cowboy is this way towards him. Any suggestions???
I know I sound like the Dog Whisperer fan club but if you haven't watched his show, you should. Agression issues are always a problem of the dog not understanding his place in the pack. I posted the link above.

He needs to know he should be submissive to you, your son, and all other humans. Dog Whisperer is really big on everyone walking their dogs and leading the walk, not allowing dog to walk in front of you. Seems like that is where he always begins when rehabilitating dogs.
shelbysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!