View Single Post
Old 07-27-2011, 08:59 AM   #1
danniko
YT Addict

Default Allergies, Sensitive Stomach, Picky Eater...

Sophie is 2 years old and it has been an ongoing battle trying to find a food for her to eat that makes her happy and keeps her healthy.

When we first got her, the lady we got her from was feeding her Beneful (grr) and it was constantly making Sophie itchy to the point she wouldn't even eat the food. We obviously switched her food immediately.

The problem we are having is if the food doesn't make her itchy, it makes her gassy/bloated....if it doesn't upset her stomach or make her itchy, she doesn't like the food and refuses to eat it.

Normally, I would leave the food out and assume she won't starve herself...well, Sophie is stubborn and a few months ago she did just that. She wouldn't eat it at all and ended up at the vet.

We have her on Canidae pure land right now and it is working alright for her, but it has lamb so it makes her fairly gassy.

I need help finding something finally works for her. We have been through so many different foods and have had so many problems and vet visits. I am getting so frustrated and feel like I am failing her miserably. I would never want to be forced to eat a food I don't like or get sick from every meal I eat.

I am going to list the stuff we know she is allergic to, the stuff that upsets her stomach and the stuff she doesn't like.

Allergic: corn, wheat, rice (? the vet put her on a bland diet of softened kibble, rice and steamed carrots for a few days to settle her tummy and that is all she has eaten and she has been scratching and chewing her feet constantly since eating that), eggs

Sensitivities: all poultry - mainly chicken, beef, dairy, lamb, venison

Doesn't like: fish - mainly salmon

So...we have no idea what to do. I have no idea how to feed raw or home-cooked to make sure all the proper nutrients are there. I find we will find a perfect food for her and then it will have eggs in it and then we can't use it.

Sorry this is so long but would someone please help us find a food for her or suggest something other than what the vet said.

The vet suggested a prescriptive diet either hypoallergenic or vegetarian...because it seems most meats bother her stomach. But I want to use that food as a last resort.
danniko is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!