View Single Post
Old 07-27-2011, 07:12 AM   #1
mayer5
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Why does my pup not eat all day and only at night?

Hi All,
Rudy is now 7mths doing great w/ training out of his crate during day and night time now w/ no accidents. Big change since he got neutered for the better thank god! I pray it continues

Anyways since I had him at 12 wks I have put his food down 4 times a day I pick it up after 10 minutes if he doesnt eat it I usually do 6am 11am 3pm and b/tween 5 and 6pm I have read once they hit 6mths u can feed only 2xs a day. However I have continued to put his food down he does drink but he eats his dry food more at night time. Like last night he hadnt eaten all day so at 9pm when we got in he was looking to eat so I fed him and he ate good. But than at 1am and 330am he was crying to go out and he peed and pooped outside. So now I am saying I can not feed him after 8pm it is ridiculous-he does fine if he doesnt eat after 8 w/not having to go outside.

Is this normal that there appetite decreases a bit at this age do u find your pup to be mostly eaten once a day? Just wanted to make sure this was normal. He is growing which is a good thing!

Ok thanks
Denise
mayer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!