View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011, 08:02 AM   #43
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by salazark View Post
Yep - it's really good too! They have three "big" Rosie's and a drive through/counter service "Little Rosie's" that are all Tex Mex - very much like you would see in Dallas. They also have Phil Sandoval's that is more traditional Mexican and they are about to open a drive through BBQ. They are all really popular here - consistently voted best Mexican. I pretty much modify everything I order to make it lighter. They do have baked chips available and are willing to do things like steam veggies for fajita's instead of saute' them. I've bugged my dh to add a light menu forever but I've never gotten anywhere.

By the way - we also have Mexican markets and groceries here. I don't know for how long though. Alabama recently passed an "Arizona type" immigration law. I'm not sure how it's going to affect things.

Rosies Mexican Cantina
Yeah, I guess the light menus are more popular in some places than others, but do you really save that many calories steaming? Let's not go overboard.

I was in Alabama sometime in the 70's, I believe around 76. Being from Indiana, I had not even had Mexican food until we moved to Texas, and we had been stationed in Texas and California, so we really became addicted to Mexican food. So it was a while back.

Join today and remove this ad!