View Single Post
Old 07-25-2011, 06:54 PM   #14
FidoTheYorkie
YT 500 Club Member

Calm down ! this can take time, Fido wasnt housebroken until about 10 months, I got him 5 months old and he was pee-pad trained then, the first month he did his buissness inside but after that cause I was so certain about the rules I didnt let him go away with anything.

This is the best way to potty-train dogs !

When he does his buissness outside, then encourage him and say words like ''Good boy/girl !!'' with a babyvoice (they love that) and have some treats for him each time.
When he does his buissness inside, then just say a clean ''NO ! bad dog!'' and go immediatly ouside with him and wait until he finishes or at least pees.
DO NOT use pee pads if you want your dog completily housebroken !! If you use peepads it will be much much harder to housebreak him !! So if you use peepads give them to the animal shelter or something.
It is soooo hard to pottytrain a dog who is used to use pee pads inside to pee on.

Good luck !!

Remember dont scold him much, NEVER put his nose in the pee/poo wen he does it inside, just a clean ''NO!'' and straight outside is enough trust me it worked here and I have the most stubborn dog there is!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!