View Single Post
Old 07-25-2011, 02:13 PM   #11
roseylovestosho
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cha Cha View Post
I don't think the D ring has anything to do with it sticking or not working. There are a lot of things that can make those snaps break. Interestingly, they are not all that strong. The spring inside can become weak or jammed causing it to stick open. If you drop those snaps on hard ground it will weaken them. Humidity and moisture will also rust the spring inside. Not saying any of this is what happened, but it is a reminder that we all need to check our equipment frequently. I think your snap was just a bad one from the start. So glad you and your baby are ok. I know one of mine is a runner and she would have been in the next county over.
Teddy doesn't like being alone so even when he's running he'll stop and look back to where I am because he wants me to chase him...it's my LUCK that nobody was on the opposite side of the street because he tends to pull and try to run up to people and other dogs. I wish I would have realized it was defective. I make sure everyday when I fasten him leash to his harness that everything is good to go...goes to show you can never be to sure

Join today and remove this ad!