View Single Post
Old 07-25-2011, 01:58 PM   #9
Cha Cha
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseylovestosho View Post
Do you have a link to the ones you have? I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that the d-ring of the harness is in the front and that causes to much stress with all the tugging and pulling? I need to go buy a new leash today and I'm trying to figure out if I should get a new harness too. I started crying because Teddy likes being chased and he started running because he wanted to "play." I'm still upset.
I don't think the D ring has anything to do with it sticking or not working. There are a lot of things that can make those snaps break. Interestingly, they are not all that strong. The spring inside can become weak or jammed causing it to stick open. If you drop those snaps on hard ground it will weaken them. Humidity and moisture will also rust the spring inside. Not saying any of this is what happened, but it is a reminder that we all need to check our equipment frequently. I think your snap was just a bad one from the start. So glad you and your baby are ok. I know one of mine is a runner and she would have been in the next county over.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!