Thread: good breeders??
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2011, 06:55 AM   #9
Rhetts_mama
Donating YT 4000 Club Member

Rather than looking to buy online, I would recommend you find a local breeder. You want to be able to go see where the pups are being raised and see the parents in person. It's far too easy to be deceived online.

You could start by attending any dog shows near you and talking to breeders there. If they don't have pups available, or if they have long waiting lists, then you can ask if they have anyone they recommend.

You want a breeder that is going to take an interest in exactly who is getting their pup. This is going to be the start of a long term relationship and you what it to be a good one.

Dogs are not shoes. Buying a pup should not be as easy as clicking the paypal button on a website.

You will get recommendations here, along with PM's offering you pups. I dont know any of them personally, so I'm not commenting on them specifically. Just please keep in mind that any name that comes through YT needs to be looked at as thoroughly as you would any other. Unfortunately, too many people have learned that the hard way.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!