View Single Post
Old 01-05-2006, 06:47 AM   #42
wnalegria
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkiegal719
Wow, after reading all this replies my thought is if many of you don't want to be bothered by e-mails and calls, why do you advertise or have websites? I'm not picking on the replies I just don't understand, if you have someone that is really interested in purchasing what do they have to do, to have
you reply or get your attention? Also I don't think that asking prices is so outrageous, unless it's the first thing asked. This way you know where you stand as a breeder and customer, there's so much difference in prices out there that if your looking to pay $900 but the breeder is selling for $2900 your both wasting your time. In other professions and businesses, I have left messages for srvices, and then went someplace else beacuse they never replied. Then a week or so later they call me back, I just tell them that if they're not considerate enough to return my call in a timely manner than I dont' want someone like that handling my business...

Many of us have web sites. We will list a picture of a puppy and the price and the terms- limited or unlimited registration and what registry. When we get the e-mail/phone call the price is asked for that puppy with the comments- what will you really take for him/her and I want breeding rights. If a customer knows that a puppy is priced at $2,900.00 why do you contact the breeder and try to barter. ? Very few customers make polite contact -such as "hello my name is Kathy. I live in the midwest I am looking for a show puppy. No introduction just how much and give me.

It may take a breeder a week to get back with you. If Peggy ( handler) is out showing my dogs and I have gone with her- my email will stack up and will have to wait until I get home. When I get home my priority is the family that I have left behind two and four legged- getting everything settled and back to order.

If I have a mom who has had a difficult labor and delivery- you may have to wait a couple days to hear from me. They are my priority not my e-mails/calls. When I do contact you I will state what I was doing.

If I am down due to the medical treatments I take - you may have to wait.

During the highschool football season- don't expect to hear from me on a Friday. My day is busy getting dogs ready for Peggy to take out to show and making sure that I have fullfilled any obligations for the football team that need to be done before game time.

What is the set time that qualifies as a timely manner in which to return a reply?

Some folks have unrealistic expectations of the breeders. Both sides need to treat each other with respect- Buyer and breeder. If you want a breeder who is available 24/7 -who has dogs avaialble all the time you are more then likely talking top a puppymill. They depend on that sale to pay the rent.

Don't forget that for many of us this is a HOBBY. We work outside the home
in a effort to support our family and breed and show our Yorkies on the side.
wnalegria is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!