View Single Post
Old 07-24-2011, 03:38 PM   #5
heylids
Yorkie Yakker

Jennysia, the only thing I would like to add is: Maya was on Royal Canin when she was a puppy and she had dry skin and licked her paws and anything else she could lick. She scratched alot. I researched dog good and discovered RC is a 2-2 1/2 star dog food and when you read the label you will discover there is alot of grains and fillers in RC. I was surprised to discover for such an expensive food it wasn't all it was cracked up to be. I switched her to Acana and less then 2 weeks her skin was no longer dry, she wasn't scratching and the licking of the paws (and walls at times) stopped. Look for a premium dog food with no grains, they seem to do much better! Also, even though, it seems a bit more expensive, they won't eat as much since it doesn't have the fills and they don't eat nor need as much. In the long run you will have a healther and happier yorkie.....
Of course this is only my opinion and is not intented to insult many people who use RC, I realize many yorkie's are picky and sometimes that's the only thing they want to eat.
If you do change foods, remember to gradually add in the new food....
heylids is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!