View Single Post
Old 07-24-2011, 06:00 AM   #2
tattooeddolly
Yorkie Yakker

I hope I am not giving bad advice, since I am here mostly to learn right now.

When Eleanor came to live with me, I gave her a week to slowly meet the important people while in the comfort and security of her new forever home. After that, I took her see her ew human friends at their home (my parents and my best friend), with few distractions. Now she does great at either house (by great I mean she thinks she owns the place

I would suggest talking with your relative and see if you and your baby can come over to visit a couple of times before the party. If your baby gets a couple of positive experiences before the house is full of new people, they will be far more relaxed. Also, if you are crate training, bring baby's room with you! That way they have not only a place to watch everyone, its a safe place for napping, and it has smells from your home that will make them feel safe.

It makes me sad that small children and yorkies dont always mix. I have a few in my family and I make them sit on the floor with Eleanor, and taught them how to do tricks with her and they are very good. There is no reason kids shouldnt spend some time with your baby. The big thing is that beyond supervising, you should be on the floor with them the whole time, and keep things fun and safe.

Whether your furbaby goes to or not, have fun at the party!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!