View Single Post
Old 07-23-2011, 10:37 AM   #40
chattiesmom
Donating YT 10K Club Member

I would like to say a special thank you to Michelle (Peachbonji) for starting this thread and to everyone for your continued prayers and well wishes. An extra special thank you to those who brightened my day with the beautiful flowers and fruit basket - I'll be sending personal thank-you pms.

This has been, with out a shadow of a doubt, the hardest and most painful experience in my life. Makes childbirth look like a picnic in the park. Since June 24th, my life has been planned and spent around 4 hour increments - pain meds to pains meds. I know that my leg is healing, I have seen the xrays, but the healing process has had a large price to pay. We have finished aligning and compressing my ankle through daily adjustments that Ron makes to the fixator. It is hard to describe the pain involved -- I lay down and hug a pillow as Ron turns the screws that moves the bones. We still have 11 days of bone lenghtening left which I do two days and then take a day off for pain relief.

I am hoping that the pain will subside once the lenghtening process has been completed - then we will have the wait for the bone to grow and fill in where it has been stretched.

Because of the pain, I haven't even felt like visiting YT, this is my first visit since shortly after the first surgery. I hope that I will soon be back regularly and catch up with the YT family.

Again, thank you so very much for your outpouring of love, prayers, hope, and happy thoughts during this difficult time.

Again,
chattiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!