View Single Post
Old 07-23-2011, 07:35 AM   #4
Furbaby Friend
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RileyDC View Post
I got Trupanion for my yorkie.
I basically just got into the mind set that I would pay monthly, with the hopes I will Never have to use it.

I choose - 0 - deductible and they reimburse 90% of all illness & injury. I have had to file about 3 claims within a months time.... I have had no problems....and had Great customer service. They approved all claims within a weeks time and I got my checks a few days after.

I have Trupanion as well. However, I did not want an emergency only plan and made the mistake of choosing a $50 deductible or something like that.

What you need to know about Trupanion is that it is a PER CONDITION deductible and not a per visit deductible. So if your pup has multiple problems, the treatments are split up by condition and you have to pay the deductible on each. I did not understand this when I signed up. After my first claim, it was explained to me why it went the way it did and I switched to the $0 deductible. That will solve the only problem I had with it (the claims themselves were easy and the staff was helpful in explaining things to me) and I do love all the coverage they give. Plus, you don't have to pay a different fee for going to the ER like some other insurances and they also cover congenital, hereditary, and chronic issues (as long as they aren't pre-existing) and there is no ceiling like some other insurances.

Overall, I really like Trupanion. It is a comparable price to other insurances and gives better coverage in my own opinion after my research. However, just make sure you gather the information and research for yourself and pick the plan that is best for YOU. If I wanted an emergency only plan or didn't have the funds I do, I might have gone with a different company. Good luck! All this insurance stuff can be hard to get your head around.
Furbaby Friend is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!