View Single Post
Old 07-22-2011, 09:45 PM   #23
BLADE
YT Addict

Kimbo was sick like this for a couple of weeks in November. It was terrifying for me. His bloodwork came out ok, so they told me to take the meds and wait it out. It felt like it took forever, but while he was sick, i only fed him boiled chicken breast that i cubed up. That's all he ate for about 14 days. He wouldn't drink much, so I held up ice cubes to his mouth so he could lick them. One of the meds was an anti-nausea/diarrhea paste that I squirted in his mouth several times a day. When the diarrhea FINALLY stopped, I bought a brand new bag of his kibble (thinking maybe something was wrong with the bag he was eating from when he got sick) and I introduced his food back to him over the course of 10 days. A few kibbles at a time mixed with chicken. I also make it a point to clean his water bowl very good with hot soap and water more often. I wondered if he could get bacteria from that.

P.S. We also think he may have gotten sick because I gave him some honey nut cheerios, and not his regular plain cheerios for treats. The Dr. said the honey could mess things up in his belly. Either way, we've never given him either kind again only for fear that maybe his sensitive little belly can't take it.

Sending our prayers to you and your furbaby.

Last edited by BLADE; 07-22-2011 at 09:46 PM.
BLADE is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!