Thread: My baby's leg!
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2011, 04:59 PM   #7
Ahis_Mama
Living In Paradise!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllDogBoots View Post
I've had an issue with my Max two times with the most recent being last week. He fell off the bed and he was holding up his back leg. He seemed to walk ok but if he picked up any speed he would begin limping. Since this was his 2nd issue the vet and I decided not to xray it and just give him Medicam and crate rest. 4 days of STRICT crate rest and he's all better. Sometimes they fall wrong and just pull a muscle. The first time we took xrays but everything was fine. That time it took about a week of crate rest. Hopefully for Ahi it's no big deal either. Just keep her as still as possible and very inactive.
Your story sounds just like mine. I took her out of her crate twice today to eat and go potty. The first time she put only little weight on it. The second time more and doesn't act like anything is wrong. She wants to play so bad and does soft crying when I put her back in her crate. I just want her to get well quick. How big is Max? And is this common in Yorkies? My dad has a Toy Daschund that has really short legs but can jump higher than a rabbit when he was a teeny puppy and still can. No leg issues in him. So far it is looking up. Thanks a bunch for your response.
Ahis_Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!