View Single Post
Old 07-22-2011, 03:23 AM   #1
Roxiesmama
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Question New Toy = Weirdness!

Yesterday I picked up a new toy for Roxie. It's a little KONG ducky. When I gave it to her she became super protective of it, and wouldn't even put it down. She didn't want to play or come sit with us on the couch. She didn't want to go out or even eat dinner, for fear that one of us was going to take her ducky! She either laid in her bed or on the floor with the ducky in her mouth. The only way I could get her to eat dinner was for me to sit at the kitchen table and not move...then she came over and quickly gobbled up her dinner. SO couldn't get her to go out for her final walk last night without her taking the ducky out with her. Then she wouldn't pee, she just sat in the grass licking the ducky. Finally, he took it away from her and she got very angry...barking and jumping at him.

What the heck is this all about? I have given her plenty of new toys and chewy sticks and whatnot, but I have never seen her act like this before! Is this normal? What is so special about this ducky? Should I not give it back to her?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!