View Single Post
Old 07-21-2011, 09:44 AM   #5
sganow
YT 500 Club Member

Maggie has grade 3 LP in both rear legs. It has only bothered her once. We found out about it when her and our other yorkie got into a little fight. Ginger is larger and stronger than Maggie and took her over and down really hard and Maggie started crying and would not put her leg down. We took her to the vet and found out about her LP then. He gave her an injection and some meds to take home. We kept her crated and calm for a few days and she was back to normal again. It hasn't bothered her since, but the vet said if she has more trouble with it down the road we might have to consider surgery. We plan to keep an eye on her and try to keep her from hurting it any further and hopefully she will continue to do just fine. Since it doesn't seem to be bothering your dog, I would just wait and see what happens. The vet can check it, but that worries me some too because they will pop the knee cap out and back in a few times to check it. I hate to see them "disturbing" the knee cap like that. I'm sure others on here will offer advice and opinions.
sganow is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!