View Single Post
Old 07-21-2011, 05:13 AM   #1
Deuce
No Longer a Member

Plane Packing for the Prince

Hey all, as some of you may know from my other posts I'm moving soon, in fact waiting for the movers to come check out my house hold goods so they know how many boxes to bring on the big day.
So, I've pretty much figured I'll be living out of a suitcase for about 2 months, maybe give or take a week. I have no idea what I need to pack for myself other than clothes and bathroom necessities.
But more importantly, I'm lost when it comes to figuring out what to bring for the pets. The obvious stuff is food and dishes to eat the food from, leash and halter for Rizzo, and disposable litter box for the kitty. I'll be carrying all the vet info as well, but as far as what they'll need to keep them comfy I'm lost. Rizzo doesn't really have a favorite blanket, and the cats favorite blanket is my comforter (which is getting packed).
What all will I need for the flight, 6 hours from Naples to the East Coast...Rizzo will be flying in cabin with me and chatterbox kitty will be in the cargo area for the pets. I've read to freeze the water in the dish for Fatso so it'll be melted by the time he is thirsty without risking it all spilling out before the flight. I've read I can't even open the carrier while on the plane, but 6 hours is a long time to go without drinking any water or going potty. I am worried that after a couple hours he's going to get bored in his carrier and start acting up. Are there any safe chewies out there that I can give him without running a huge risk of choking?
More questions to follow, I think the movers may be outside.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!