Thread: Boy or Girl?
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2011, 06:32 PM   #6
AbbyMax
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

I have had two girls in the past and they were a few years apart in age. They got along great. Initially, there was a little snipping, but that is normal for the puppy to learn boundaries. They were both so good natured that they adjusted to each other well. Initially (for the first 6 months) I did not leave them together when I left the house. I put one in the bathroom with a baby gate and the older one had run of the house. One day I came home and caught them together!!! Yes, they were each laying on opposite sides of the gate against each other.

Right now I have a boy and a girl - about 2 weeks apart - and currently 17 and 15 weeks (oh dear, I am worse than mommies who refer to their babies in weeks and months!). My boy is about 2 times as big as the girl. Their moms were 5 and 4.5 pounds so I am hoping she will get a little bigger. Same breeder, same daddy, different mommy - daddy was such a stud - lol.

So far they are getting along great. Potty training is going well - not too much worse than when I just had one. One sees the other getting a treat for going potty on the pad and the other runs to the pad to go too. Other times, one poops and if I am not quick on my toes the other one will run to try to eat it! No, not always heavenly. On the positive, the doggie sitter charges $30 an hour whether I have one pup or two.

My boy is going in to get fixed right at the 6 month mark - almost to the day, but my little girl is going to wait until about 7 months because she is smaller. I am hoping that I will get Max done before he starts lifting his leg to mark.

This is my first time with the boy/girl combo and I have to say I am so glad I gave it a try. They are great together.

Best of luck
AbbyMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!